The mission of Asia-Pacific Strabismus and Paediatric Ophthalmology Society (APSPOS) is to improve the development of paediatric ophthalmology in the Asia-Pacific region, and to improve the quality of care to children suffering from eye disease and to children and adults with strabismus.
- Provide a platform for exchange of knowledge and skills in the field of paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus.
- Promote research collaborations in the field.
- Promote general public education on children eye care and strabismus.
- Associate with supranational ophthalmological societies in different regions, and to collaborate with other international and regional associations with similar interests.
- Work with other local, regional and international organizations to co-organize symposia with their scientific programs.
- Organize an independent Asia-Pacific Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Society Congress at least once every two years to advance the knowledge in the field.